HiSoftware Compliance Sheriff Accessibility Module
Compliance Software to Meet Global Web Accessibility Requirements and Increase Market Share
How many potential customers turn away from your information because they can’t see it? Following WCAG and US Section 508 regulations for web accessibility is not only a very smart practice for any business reaching out to the public, but a requirement for many countries and government agencies.
Estimates are that as much as 20 percent of the public cannot access Internet resources due to accessibility problems1. Thus, they can’t purchase products sold via online portals; they can’t research products that might be purchased through stores or later in the buying cycle; they can’t find companies through search engines that otherwise might answer their questions or solve their problems.
HiSoftware Compliance Sheriff includes an Accessibility module that not only serves as compliance software for standard accessibility requirements, including Section 508 and WCAG 2, it automatically opens the enterprise to the full range of public access. This can give you a significant advantage and increase your market share over competitors whose websites are not accessible.
The importance of Web accessibility standards has been recognized around the world. In fact the U.S. Access Board has published a document called Web-based Intranet and Internet Information and Applications as part of Section 508, and the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has developed a set of universal guidelines for Web development titled Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2).
Making sure your company is compliant with the latest standards can help you gain valuable market share and avoid the risk of costly litigation, settlements and loss of business.
For Every Company with a Website Presence:
When Website developers follow the WCAG and country-specific compliance standards and guidelines for accessibility like Section 508, online information can be browsed by everyone, including people who use assistive technologies such as screen readers, text readers and voice-activated devices. There are three steps to achieve accessibility for a website or group of online documents:
- Verify accessibility compliance with Section 508 standards or W3C accessibility guidelines
- Repair website content
- Monitor all online portals across an enterprise for ongoing accessibility
Benefits of HiSoftware Compliance Sheriff for Accessibility:
- Increase market share by making your website accessible to people with disabilities
- Comply with federal and international accessibility guidelines for best practices
- Avoid the risk of costly litigation, settlements and loss of business associated with inaccessibility
- Audits web content as well as Microsoft Office and PDF documents (.DOC, DOCX, .XLS, XLSX, .PPT, PPTX, .PDF, .SWF and .MSG) for compliance.
- Accessibility Compliance and Reporting for:
- Section 508
- WCAG 2.0 Levels A, AA and AAA
- Government of Canada Web Accessibility Standard (replaces Common Look and Feel /CLF 2)
- XML Accessibility Guidelines (XAG)
- Any standard derived from WCAG or Section 508
When a website page is tested for accessibility, the compliance software cites accessibility violations in each online portal file. See how the Compliance Sheriff Accessibility module can help verify accessibility and increase your market share.
Learn more about HiSoftware Compliance Sheriff for your complete enterprise Accessibility needs:
Ensure your enterprise online content is accessible. Contact
a HiSoftware solutions expert to discuss your compliance needs today.
Download the HiSoftware Compliance Sheriff Brochure 1.77MB | Need Alternative Content?
Request a Demo
1. US Census Bureau data
2. Full study available at http://www.microsoft.com/enable/research